I’m back…from that “dream job” which was actually a nightmare. I won’t go into gritty details but I’ll give you a few highlights:
1. My floor was so quiet that sometimes, in the middle of the day, the overhead lights would dim because no motion had been detected. I would see the woman three cubes up from me wave her hand over head to turn them back on.
2. When my son got sick and I filed for FMLA my boss called me into her office and said “This isn’t retaliation for you filing for FMLA but…” and she began to clock my hours.
3. There were layoffs. Lots of layoffs. The entire workforce was stressed and the environment was hostile.
I survived the layoffs but eventually, after dealing with some more stressful and crazy work stuff, I decided to leave. So I’ve been at home putting my house back together, making up for missed time with the kids, and picking up freelance work. I’ve been shooting regularly and even did a three week stint in New England working on a production crew for a tv show.
So, things I learned from this experience:
1. Life is way too short to be miserable (and to spend 8 hours a day in a dark cube.)
2. Listen to your gut.
3. There’s always something better – you just have to look for it and work for it.
Glad to be back. Missed this blog! xo
Here are a few pics of what I would have missed if I had not listed to my gut and left that job. What have you been up to?